Please see ‘Our Fees’ section for further details of fees we charge and services included.
Immigration has been in the media especially most recently and due to us exiting the European Union.
Refusals of visas, removal of individuals from the UK and other immigration issues can have a devastating effect on that individual and their families for many years.
At N K Law Solicitors Ltd there is a breadth of experience in handling immigration cases and matters which go to Court. The Immigration department headed by the firms Director Mr Nazakat Khan, who is well renowned locally for his success rate in dealing with all areas of immigration.
In most cases our handlers represent at Court hearings without the need for a barrister and not afraid of challenge.
- Work Permits
- Domestic violence
- Bail Applications
- Judicial Reviews
- Civil Penalties
- Appeals and Court representation
There are key stages within an immigration case and these can vary according to individual circumstances.
They may be as follows:
- Initial meeting
- Arranging interpreters, experts (at additional charge)
- Preparation and submission of any application
- Advising on outcome of application.
Interpreters – if required
Our fees do not include the cost of an interpreter as these are difficult to estimate. The range of hours required will usually be between 2 and 15 hours, however, this depends on the complexity of your case and we will need to discuss this with you further.
We would recommend where possible that you bring a friend or trusted community figure to assist you. We will recommend an interpreter for you, where required, however if you know of someone you would prefer to use, we can of course accommodate this.
At N K Law our staff can assist those whose first language is not English. We are able to assist in the following foreign languages : Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi, Pathwari and Pohari/Mirpuri (there are no additional charges, if client speak above mentioned languages)
The quotes in ‘Our Fees’ page cover the following work/services.
All of the above Immigration services include:
- Taking their initial instructions and providing advice;
- Considering and reviewing documents;
- Attending to the client;
- Preparing and submitting the application;
- Advising the client on timelines;
- Updating clients on the progress of their matter;
- Telephone calls between us and the client;
- Telephone calls between us and third parties;
- Correspondence between us and the client including email and letters;
- Correspondence between us and third parties including email and letters;
- Informing the client on outcome of their application. (Please note this is not an extensive list).
The work will cover:
- Initial assessment of case, perusal of documents, taking of instruction, basic advice and issuing the file opening paperwork such as client cares.
- Discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you.
- Giving you advice on the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria
- If you do not fulfil the certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how, which on average takes and considering the supporting evidence, you have provided, which we anticipate will take 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Providing a comprehensive list of documentation required from you and where applicable.
- Where necessary, helping you to obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements), and including taking statements from any relevant witnesses.
- Preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf, Submission of applications with covering letters containing representations/submissions where appropriate and booking any relevant appointments, which we anticipate will take 2-3 hours.
- Attendance at a Home Office interview: if the Home Office ask you to attend an interview, we will give you clear advice (and discuss the possibility of us attending with you) at the appropriate time. This could be between 6 and 8 hours of work.
- Giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take and options available to you.
Please note that our hourly charging rates are not inclusive of VAT and do not include any disbursements for example:
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Home Office fees, interpreter costs, accountants, Visa Fees, IHS charges, translation costs and counsel fees. This list is not extensive. Full details will be given when quoting the final figure upon assessing your case. We handle the payment of the disbursement on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
How long will my application take? (Likely Time Scales)
As you will appreciate, the timescales involved will depend on how long the Home Office take to process your application. You can read the current processing times at https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times.
On average, we will submit this type of application within 1 to 2 weeks of you instructing us and we will advise you if it is going to take longer at the earliest opportunity and we taking your instructions on board as per clients matters and circumstances. Factors that may affect the time it takes us to submit an application include whether there is a delay on your part in providing information, documentation or the full fees required to submit the application.
The costs quoted here do not include:
In the event that the issues become more complex and there is likely to be any additional cost, we will make sure you are informed of this at the earliest opportunity and a clear estimate of those extra costs will be provided.
- VAT 20% (Where applicable)
- If there is an interview and we are required to attend with you, there will be additional disbursements in respect of travel/mileage expenses.
- Any Home Office fees for making the application. You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process.
- Where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance, in relation to any administrative review or appeal.
- Independent expert reports e.g. medical experts. These are not required in many cases, however, we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary.
- Barrister’s fee where required.
- Courier fees. (if applicable).
- Booking an appointment fee (if applicable)
- Uploading documents Fee £75 plus VAT (if applicable)
We are able to provide a written quote to you should you wish to contact us.
ALL OUR WORK IS PRIVATELY FUNDED AND THEREFORE YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR FEES.
PLEASE NOTE WE ARE NOT A LEGAL AID FUNDED FIRM AND CANNOT PROVIDE FUNDING THROUGH THIS SCHEME. SHOULD YOU BE ELIGIBLE FOR LEGAL AID YOU SHOULD CONTACT A FIRM WHICH HOLDS A LEGAL AID FRANCHISE.
Our immigration work is carried out by Nazakat Khan (Solicitor and supervisor) and Paralegal Mr. Sharafat Khan.
Please see our “About us” page for individual profiles.